Re: Archives of Fedora IRC channels

Matt Domsch wrote:
On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 07:00:21PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

If we have to retain public archives of all Fedora IRC channels

have to, or would like to?

Like to I guess.

 what would be the best way to do that? Is there a online services
that offer this or should we running bots on all of these channels
or something else? There are many instances where contributors are
not able to participate in a meeting or discussions. Having public
archives would help them go back and look at what was discussed
anytime they want.

I run a boringly simple eggdrop (mdomschbot) in a few channels, which
I use to generate the FPB meeting minutes.  I don't believe there's a
service on FreeNode (ala ChanServ) that offers this, which is why I
set up my own bot.  Are you thinking such a bot could be run by
Infrastructure or somesuch?

Yes. If we are running such a bot across all channels, it could probably do other useful things too. For example, there is a cluebot in #fedorabot channel which is very useful for bug triaging.

Rahul