Re: Default MTA for Fedora 7

Horst H. von Brand wrote:
David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd like to be able to do greylisting -- but not indiscriminately; I
want to greylist only mail which actually looks suspicious in some way,
rather than delaying perfectly genuine mail. Mail gets greylisted only
if it has some SpamAssassin points, or it's HTML, or it comes from a
machine with no reverse DNS or which is listed in a RBL, etc.

The /point/ in greylisting is not to expend any effort on mail that comes
from suspect origins. Stopping mail from an RBLed origin or no reverse DNS
(or non-matching reverse DNS) are other, independent anti-spam
measures. Sure, they can be integrated into greylisting (milter-greylist
for sendmail integrates RBLs), but they are still independent. So is
spamassassin's score, etc.

I somehow agree with David here, and have tried to configure Spamassassin and sendmail-milter accordingly, with no success.

I'd like SA to block everything with a score higher than N
(550 Blocked By Spamassassin) - This is easy.

I do not want mail that SA has classified as almost certainly not spam to be greylisted. But then I'd like to greylist everything that is not blocked, but that is still suspicius (I.E. a score lower than N, but higher than M).

But I geuss this is best solved by talking to the developers of one of the greylist-milters, to make them add a feature to whitelist email based on a custom header. (For instance "X-Spam-Level: ***")

Rgds.

--