Re: Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

On 1/31/07, Bill Nottingham <notting@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike McGrath (mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> *Note: this is not LHCP, which is going to be a much larger project.
> Smolt has a much smaller scope and will ultimately (hopefully) be
> replaced by LHCP when it is ready.

So, the issue I see is that the data appears to be stored as HAL
descriptive strings - these could change over time. Storing
it as vendor/id pairs might be more flexible.

(Or is this actually done that way, and the display on the website
is what's doing the conversion?)

They're presently being pulled from the hardware object created using
the RHN client tools.  I'll look to see what it would take to get
vendor/id pairs.

          -Mike