RPM and files installed

Hi,

How do I make sure that files created during rpm installation are being recorded as belonging to the package? I'm not sure, but I think if rpm %post install script created some symbolic links, they might not be recorded as installed by the rpm package. (Or are they?)

How RPM keeps track of files created by scripts? Does it trap system calls to record all created files and symbolic links? If not, what one needs to do to make sure that all files and symbolic links created are being accounted for properly?

Thanks.

--
Daniel Yek