Re: Fedora Server Spin

On 1/12/07, David Lutterkort <dlutter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 10:34 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
The thing we are missing is some sort of agreement on what the server
spin should be: I think everybody agrees that the minimal install you
describe should be possible. The question is: what does the admin do
afterwards ? If they install whatever they need over the newtwork why
bother with a server spin to begin with ? We can just fiddle with @core
a little and give them a kickstart file that produces the minimal
install.

Whats the difference between a minimal install and the 'single cd' spin?

But what about a customized comps file ? Is that desirable for a server
spin ? Absolutely; and to arrive at that we do need to talk about
including TurboGears and lots of other packages that people use on their
servers.

We'll never appeal to everyone with the Server CD but we could stick
some common tools on there as we need.  Honestly though I think the
'single' CD is really what most of the server guys are looking for
anyway.

            -Mike