Re: proposal: mailing list reorganization

Horst H. von Brand wrote:
- Be consistent
(I first sent this directly to Thorsten, but as the discussion is still going on here, I resend it to this thread).

I prefer the list name to reflect _who_ the list is for, not _what_ is happening on the list. And I think this should be consistent.

An exception to this rule is '-announce' lists that is ment solely for announcements, so no discussions should happen there.

So in my opinion we should have something like

- fedora-users
- fedora-devel-users

- fedora-developers
- fedora-maintainers
- fedora-advisory-board
- fedora-qa

- fedora-cvs-announce
- fedora-maintainers-announce

"fedora-maintainers" is my suggestion for the list you have named "fedora-project", as I think it is less chance that it will be confused with "fedora-users" with that name.

"fedora-maintainers-announce" should then be used by the maintainers to annouce what they have decided for the future based on the discussions on "fedora-maintainers".

For fedora-hardware/fedora-laptop I think most discussions should happen in fedora-devel-users and fedora-users. If we really want a list for hardware discussions it should be named something like "fedora-hardware-testers" as I guess most discussion would be about hardware that needs testing, not about hardware that is known to work or more general "what is best, Nvidia or ATI?"-discussions.

I believe this will make it more obvious what lists one would want to subscribe to.

Rgds.

--