Re: Fedora Core 7 - Compiz vs Beryl

Denis Leroy wrote:
Horst H. von Brand wrote:
Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]

Some package owners are just way, way overloaded.
Recieving more email telling me I'm not looking at bugs isn't going to make me look at more bugs any more than dealing with dozens of "Is anyone looking
at my bug?" bugmails.

The way out is recuiting more package owners... is there some place where one (sh|c)ould apply? Some "overseeing newbie owners" structure in place? Some means of a package owner having a hill full of gnomes doing the
footwork?

A better solution in some cases is to file the bug directly upstream. Not all package maintainers have the technical skills to debug a complex problem and cough up a complex patch, a lot of times all the maintainer is doing is forwarding the bug upstream.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2006-December/001119.html