Re: Fedora 7

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 03:16:04PM +0100, dragoran wrote:
so we need a everything DVD "Fedora 7 Complete"
mirros can have the iso file and loopback mount it to get the "normal tree" saving diskspace. but I doubt that many mirror will do it.
we could also ship it only over bittorent.

Many of those packages are just going to need to get updated to the latest
versions over the network eventually. If you've got the bandwidth for
bittorrent, you've got the bandwidth to do a network install.

You are making a assumption that the same person is using bittorrent and the installation. That's far from true. I can download using bittorrent and burn several thousand copies for friends who dont have network access.

Rahul