Re: [RFE, Patch, Multi-lib] 32bit support /usr/bin/firefox

Gilboa Davara wrote:

This a nice solution - though I rather have a simple method of
overriding the selection without editing a configuration file and/or
making it system wide.
IMHO, adding a command line parameters seems like the obvious choice as
it gives the user additional means of controlling which version is
executed.

I can combine your patch with mine - read, use the default
in /etc/sysconfig/firefox-arch unless the user specifically requested
something else. Does it sound reasonable to you?

- Gilboa

I don't think there is much value to end-users to have a --32 or --64 switch, because command line is NOT how you should expect users to launch firefox. It wouldn't hurt to have the option though.

Also keep in mind that due to xremote, you CAN'T run both 32bit and 64bit browsers at the same time without making further modifications to firefox to handle it.

In any case, merging our patches would be a moot point, because it wont be accepted into Fedora.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx