Re: Propose Emacs 22 for Fedora Core 7

On 10/29/06, Leo <sdl.web@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,

As we know RMS is extremely strict on fixing bugs, Emacs 22 has long
passed the production quality while still in development. A few days
ago, Emacs's developers have decided to enter pretest¹. As it is in
the early stage of FC7 cycle, I'd propose we upgrade to Emacs 22. The
News is just too big for this mailing list, but you can read it here:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/emacs/etc/NEWS?root=emacs

+1

FWIW, even Emacs 23 (the unicode-2 branch) is stable enough for daily
use. Emacs 22 should be even more ready, at least for Rawhide.

--
Michel Salim

Don't worry about avoiding temptation -- as you grow older, it starts
avoiding you.
               -- The Old Farmer's Almanac