Re: Firefox 2.0 parallel install

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this modified version of FF2 is
illegal as it's released with the firefox name and logo.  If this is
the case, Fedora should not be associating its self with it at all,
and it shouldn't get past LEGAL.

Ofcourse all you have to do to make it legal is to replace the Firefox
name and logo with something else.

Keith.

On 22/10/06, Gawain Lynch <lists-gawain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 14:34 +0200, Remi Collet wrote:
> >> /usr/lib/firefox2-2.0/*
> >>
> Why not /usr/lib/firefox-2.0/* (this will create an conflict when
> updating to official FF2 (update to FC7) ) as i think firefox-2 will
> probably don't obsolete firefox2 and so, remember user to uninstall it.

If I go down the path of adding this to extras then I would like
agreement from caillon that firefox-2.x in fc7 would obsolete firefox2
otherwise it would open up a world of hurt.

The whole package though relies on people who know what they are doing
with respect to profiles, while I have not extensively tested moving
from a 2.0 profile back to a 1.5 profile I do know for me it seems to
work OK when I click the wrong profile  :-P

YMMV.

> >> /etc/gre.d/gre2.conf
> >>
> Or simply don't package /etc/gre.d as it is require by other Gecko
> applications and provide by official firefox.

This is something I was hoping on feedback from caillon on.  It is my
understanding that applications that were built under a certain version
would look at the ini group header and choose the right values...

> >> /usr/bin/firefox2
> >> /usr/share/applications/mozilla-firefox2.desktop
> >> /usr/share/pixmaps/firefox2.png
> >>

> > What about the users setting? It might get a bit problematic if both use
> > ~/.mozilla/firefox ...
> >
> A solution is to substitute the command line (in the desktop file) to
> launch the profile manager.
>
> I've done this in the past (with deerpark)

I like it :-)

> Cordialy, remi.

Gratefully, Gawain