Re: *URGENT* Re: Another slip in the FC6 schedule

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 08:58, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
> "Enthusiasts and developers" means that Fedora will be used on their
> home computers/laptops etc. only, and *never* used in the production
> environment. But a lot of critical bugs can be found only by "production
> usage".
> If RHEL is based on Fedora, then Fedora must be stable enough for
> production systems too. Otherwise RHEL people should spent a lot of
> testing/laboratory etc. work itself, but even such a work does not
> guarantee that they will catch all the bugs possible...

Let me be perfectly clear here:

FEDORA IS NOT A BETA OF RHEL!!!!!!

Fedora is its OWN project, and the value we get out of Fedora is much more
than a beta program for RHEL.  We HAVE a beta program for RHEL, and it is NOT
Fedora.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora