Re: Xfce 4.4 call for testing

On 10/5/06, Patrice Dumas <pertusus@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> We might revisit that idea in a few weeks if the devel/fc6 bits all
> look good and stable, but it's a reasonably large undertaking to
> update everything and gets the plugins and core bits in sync, etc.

I, personally don't think it is worth having xfce 4.4 in fc5. Too much
work and too much risk of breakage for little gain (I switched back
and forth and I didn't saw much difference, except now there are icons
but I don't use xfce for that ;-). However it should be good to have
4.4 'specific' apps in fc5, like exo, Terminal, thunar and so on (if
they aren't there allready and there are no missing deps, of course).

--
Pat

Well, for what its worth, I'm typing this on 4.4 on FC5 and it's
working just fine. (On my PII/366/256MB Laptop)
It'll be nice if you could keep the current FC5 RPMs alive when the
FC6/devel go into -extras.

Anyways, good work!
- Gilboa