Re: rawhide report: 20060929 changes

Jon Nettleton wrote:
On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 20:41 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Gilboa Davara <gilboad <at> gmail.com> writes:
What-no-why-how-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Is it being moved to extra?
I'd guess it's certainly possible, and it's probably going to get done faster if you submit it. ;-) Creating an Extras package from a Core subpackage is actually pretty easy, take the Core specfile, disable the build of everything you don't need built for that subpackage, add rm commands for everything else, and use just the file list of the former subpackage.

I see the use of rm commands all the time in spec files.  Can anyone
explain why this is used instead of the %exclude directive?  Not
important, just curious because excluding files seems like a much safer
and elegant solution.

First time i read about this %exclude directive. Does an exhaustive reference of the directives and their options even exist ?

-denis