Re: Bluez packages in FC6

DW> On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 11:44 +0200, Benny Amorsen wrote:
>> If the old stuff is similar to what is in FC5, it is almost useless
>> anyway. It is hard to imagine that any kind of change could make it
>> worse.

DW> Can you elaborate? I've used the Bluetooth packages in FC5 almost
DW> daily -- with Bluetooth mouse, GPRS 'dialup' over Bluetooth phone,
DW> BNEP connectivity. I also use gnome-bluetooth to receive files
DW> from my phone.

DW> It doesn't seem 'almost useless' here -- what's wrong with it for
DW> you?

Pairing is too difficult, and fails randomly. File receive worked for
me once, but last time I needed it, it didn't work. No error messages,
that's the fun part. If only there were diagnostics; strace and packet
dumps are useful at work, but it would be nice to not have to use them
at home too.

There was no point in putting error reports in bugzilla -- I would
have to write something like "the pairing tool isn't working", but
there IS no pairing tool.

I have cut down my bluetooth usage to just ppp to a cell phone. This
works most of the time. (With at most a few tries and perhaps a phone
reboot, but then it is an Ericsson.)

/Benny