Re: alsa-oss

Fibonacci Prower wrote:

And when will those come out? Sure, Duke Nukem Forever might be moving to ALSA as well, but it won't be released anytime soon.

We wont be retaining old and obsolete API's forever. Sooner or later OSS API is going to be dropped from the upstream kernel. If application dont start using ALSA by then they will break. We cant prevent this.

Actually including it instead of letting it be reviewed forever by two guys - who seem to be the only ones who visit the BugZilla page.

We have dozens of packages that are waiting to be reviewed. If you are concerned about this, you can help review the spec and point out any packaging issues. Follow http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines. You dont have to be a extras contributor to help.

Rahul