Re: Temporarily Disabling AIGLX?

Peter Gordon wrote:
Hello, all.

I've not as of yet been able to get Compiz and AIGLX eye-candy working (odd
since it was working nicely around the FC6T2 time frame). Because of this, AIGLX
doesn't seem very useful to me, and as I've been having some issues with a few
SDL/OpenGL apps, I'd like to disable it to test if it is AIGLX or something else
that is malfunctioning.

I looked through the radeon(4) and xorg.conf(5) man pages with Yelp and found
nothing useful. A google search returned an earlier post from the X.org mailing
list from Donnie Berkholz suggesting to add `Option "AIGLX" "off"` in the
ServerFlags section of the xorg.conf file. Unfortunately, that just results in
a hardlock when between when RHGB finishes and when GDM attempts to start up.

That doesn't mean it didn't turn off AIGLX. It means you found a new bug. Have you bz'd it with the X log file from the lockup?

- ajax