Re: fc3 T3 spins after "Checking for previous fedora installations"

Chris,

Chris Lumens wrote:
I don't remember the exact phrasing but the fc3 t3 install hangs after I see the "Checking for previous fedora installations." In the lower right hand corner of my screen the pointer sits with the blue dots spinning around it. I have mouse control. I tested the media. This also occurred w/ fc3 t2.
The last thing I installed was some version of SUSE.  It's installed on hda2, and fc5 is installed on hda3.  I wonder if the SUSE install changed something to screw up this install.

This looks ALOT like the squashfs memory corruption issue. He may not be able to get around it ...

See 204638 and 206472 ...

FYI,

P.
Press ctrl-alt-f4.  Does it look like a kernel panic?  We've seen things
like this before where there's kernel troubles when reading the reiserfs
filesystem.

- Chris