Re: cdrecord, CDDL, and Fedora

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
Since I couldn't find a better list here,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate I am posting here. Let me
know if I need to redirect it elsewhere.

I just came across an article slashdot.org (
http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/04/1335226 ) about a
package being kicked due to licence issues. i looked throuhg yum, and
found that 'cdrecord' seems to be liable for this. The package info
linked to this site:
http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/cdrecord.html

I checked fedoraproject.org for references to the CDDL, and only found
two, which where a bit ambigous on the topic of compatability with
Fedora.

Just pointing this out incase it needs to be dealt with early.

Peace.

We already dealt with this by reverting back to a older version

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-August/msg00644.html

Rahul