Re: possible yast porting? was: slashdot on fedora-marketing-list

Christoph Thiel wrote:
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:

Christoph Thiel wrote:
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:

YaST is one of the primary things that i dislike about SuSE. screws up
manually configured things. Needs to run SuSEconfig all the time to sync
config database etc etc...
That's just not true! Neither YaST nor SuSEconfig should touch files that
you have changed manually. If they do, that's a bug and needs to be fixed.
Okay, so it's buggy - doesn't help it's case in my book

Could you please be a bit more specific? Anyway, I don't think this is the right forum to discuss this.

Regards
	Christoph

Right. I'm just saying that YaST is not good enough in my world.

Also some things may have changed. But unless you do a SuSEconfig when changing YaST controlled files manually, stuff will happen later on.

One of my first problems with this was my bootloader being reconfigured after adding a soundcard! Not good enough.

Anyway. This is not something that I really want to discuss. I'me merely communicating my personal opinion of this tool.

/Thomas