Re: bluetooth in default desktop install?

Alexander Larsson wrote:
On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 18:21 +0200, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 12:01:07PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
The more you add as a default, the closer we get to having 3 CDs needed for a "default" install. Laptops are a part of our userbase. Are the enough of our userbase to further bloat the default install?
As a laptop user who has a cellphone with bluetooth support, I'ld prefer that
this stays not installed by default. It's only one yum command away, anyway.

Sure, its easy for people who know the rpm package names to install it
from a shell. However, bluetooth is getting to be widespread enought
that people just expect it to work without having to do special magic. I
mean, removing it is only one click in the installer or one yum command
too if you have specific diskspace requirements.

Of course, bumping us to needing 3 CDs for a default install could be a
problem.

Lets move around and drop packages as much as necessary to stick with 1 for minimal and 2 for default install. Is there other stuff that's installed by default that isnt really necessary?

Rahul