Re: list of compiz/aiglx compatible cards?

We have a list here:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/aiglx

Nvidia cards are not going to work, the open driver does not support 3d. There's the nouveau.freedesktop.org project that's working on making this happen, but they still have a long way to go. As for ATI, r100 - r300 should work, but there's an issue with maximum texture size. We're trying to find a way to fix this, but for now, dropping the attached drirc in /etc is a way to work around the problem. The locking problem for matrox cards mentioned on the page was fixed recently and I've backported the patch to rawhide, it should show up tomorrow - it affects the xserver and the matrox driver rpms. That said matrox cards are still very much untested with aiglx and compiz, in particular they seem to also have the maximum texture size problem.

cheers,
Kristian
Very cool, it is working nicely on my IBM TP30 with this card.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]

I just installed compiz and detached the drirc to /etc and selected 'Preferences->More Preferences->Desktop Effect' and now it got wobbly Windows and Workspaces on a Cube.
Very Nice Work.

Tim