Re: Leaving? (cont'd)

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

From my admittedly limited understanding of the problem, this seems to
be little more than a programming problem. The parameters that would
cause breakage seem to be known  by you guy. RPM supports the use of
post and pre scripts, can't these be used to go around this problme?

If not, why not do parallel releases. I seem to remember this being
done for at least gstreamer. have the xorg packages, and parallel
xorg71 packages. Those who need the 7.1 updates, can switch over to
xorg71, the rest of us will continue as normal, and hopefully, the
entire issue will be resolved by FC6.

Gstreamer was designed to be parallely installable while Xorg is not. Having multiple versions in this is going to require major hacks. Not really feasible.

Rahul