Re: Leaving?

On 7/28/06, Paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello. My name is Dev Ilsadvokate. I know of the fedora update things,
but what on Earth is a livna? I just used the ones from the nVidia
website.

Now, why isn't my system working after the latest update?

Now do you see the problem?

Hello, My name is Beating De SameDeadHoss. I went and installed a
SupaDupaKernelDriver-0.0.1a.rpm from www.supadupakerneldrivers.com and
now that I have ran yum update, my machine no longer boots, because
the sneaky bastards have upgraded my kernel.

How is this different from the stupid nvidia driver crap? Why is this
even an issue? Since when do we care about randomly installed
unsupported software? It's always been breaking and it will continue
breaking, because that's just how things are with 3rd party stuff.
It's not any different on any other OS. Almost every windows update
breaks some pre-installed software, and the same is true for Mac.

This conversation is utterly pointless.

--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Montréal, Québec