Re: Cross-compilers.

--On Sunday, July 23, 2006 8:15 AM -0400 David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How much interest would there be in getting a bunch of cross-compilers
into Extras?

Not so much a "bunch" as a few good source examples illustrating how to package the chain for an arbitrary arch. Good parameterization is key. That way I can shop for my embedded architecture and then build an RPM from the example, changing just a macro at the top of the spec file, or overriding it on the rpmbuild command line, to create the tool chain for what I've chosen.

For example, one arch I'd consider building myself but wouldn't expect to see in Extras:

<http://blackfin.uclinux.org/>