Re: mirrorlist cgi - legit repo= values?

seth vidal wrote:
On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 08:49 +1000, David Timms wrote:
why bother adding all that complexity to yum?
With out a clear understanding of yum, I imagined that such other variables might already exist.

it's just a url - how it is comprised makes no difference at all.
Yes, on second thought I agree that kiss is the way to go. I was thinking about the differences between a repo file between fedora versions, and developers not having to change the .repo files as development/releases continue. But the $releasever really takes care of that for the most part already {sans devel?}.

However, what defines the legitimate repo=X values ? Is this specified elsewhere, or made up and hand crafted into release .repo files. Perhaps a non-existent repo=whatgoeshere request could provide the list of legit values (perhaps as comments) in the returned mirrorlist ?

DaveT.