Re: DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

A new font family is being proposed as the Fedora Core default. It
probably impacts your language. Please tell us what you think about it:

Tried it on 1280x800 LCD, in general looks good and clear, with greyscale and subpixel(BGR) hinting, struggled to notice any extra benefit from hinting above "slight" setting.

One thing which looked *MUCH* worse was using DejaVu Serif within firefox, text was spiderish, and kerning was uneven, letters ran directly into each other

http://adslpipe.co.uk/pics/firefox-dejavu.png

So I just set the default proprtional font to DejaVu Sans in firefox.

I'd still choose to install DejaVu fonts, presumable Vera wouldn't be removed by this?