Re: Unmounting CD/DVD Drives on FC5 NOW Tips n tricks

Callum Lerwick wrote:

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 15:14 +0100, Joe Desbonnet wrote:
As far as I'm concerned if the eject button is depressed the thing
should come out no matter what the consequence (unless explicitly
locked of course).   It's rather embarrassing to be bragging to
friends and coworkers about stability of Linux only to have to reboot
the machine when they ask for their CD-ROM back in a hurry :)

su -c "eject /dev/cdrom"

I tend to agree with this sentiment! Ive got caught a few times showing people my linux box and have forgotten to kick the disc out and have been bashing away at the drive button going what the heck is up with this!

Another "basic" question!

Is there an active database of queries which would contain the command line comands such as su -c "eject /dev/cdrom" which are highly useful but instantly forgettable for those that are not power users? In fact would it be possible to connect to such a database though help with a How do I...... type of question?

Cheers

David