Request for comments: Laptop improvements

Hello everyone!

First i'd like to apologize for the wide distribution, but i'd like to get as much input for this project as possible.

So, whats this all about? Simple. I've recently took it upon me to start working on improving how our distro works on latops. This includes things like suspend/hibernate and resume, docking stations and powersaving just to name a few.

Now, what i would like to ask of you is to give me some input on what you think might be something where we could do better on laptops. So if you could spare a few minutes and write me a short email with the thoughts you have that would be greately appreciated.

2 things to keep in mind though:

1) Be as precise and detailed as possible. Emails like: "I want the to work better" won't really help a lot.

2) Be serious and realistic about your ideas. Things like "I want them to cook coffee for me" might be something nice (and actually, some models already at least can keep coffee warm for you) but neither realistic nor serious.

I'll collect and summarize all the info i get and will put it on the Fedora Project page i've already set up for it (it's actually a SIG, but thats just semantics).

Also, we'll be prioritizing the ideas that come in and try to work our way through them, so don't expect every idea to appear soonish in the distro.

If you want to get actively involved you can always look here at what currently needs to be done (or even become a member yourself):

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Laptop

or alternatively just join the Fedora laptop mailing list:

I'm looking forward to get some feedback,

Thank you very much,

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch      | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Development          | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111