Re: AIGLX - blue screen

2006/6/2, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <d.jacobfeuerborn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> David Nielsen wrote:
>> I can ack this failure on Fedora Development using a Radeon 9250 (r200)
>> card. This is an AMD64 box should that matter.
>>
>> I also know of a user on an intel chip who is seeing the same.
>>
> The blue screen of death generally indicate that the texture-from-pixmap
> GL extension is not working.
> The underlying cause of that can be many different things.
>
> The BSOD's that many people have recently seen were caused by some
> tokens we had patched into our
> mesa packages and forgot to take out when they were merged. It should be
> fixed in rawhide now.

When calling "startx" I first get a screen with the fedora splash window
then everything turns blue+shadows then back to normal and finally back to
blue+shadows. That's on a Radeon 9500pro (r300) with current rawhide Xorg
server and mesa.

Regards,
   Dennis

i found something about about the bsod that occured with aiglx on a
r250 with fedora-development.
switching to 16 bit color depth in xorg.conf made it work with it.
testing box was a thinkpad r51 with radeon 9000 mobile (r250).
even wobbly windows worked. maybe something to try out.