Re: Fedora Kernel Sources

On 5/20/06, SCOTT LOVE <scottlove@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am trying to install the latest FC 5 sources to do some device driver
work.  I am following the instructions at
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc5/#id2983562,
but

rpm -Uvh kernel-<version>.src.rpm   always returns unable to find specified
version.  For the version number I fill in the value returned from uname –r
which is:

2.6.16-1.2111_FC5.

Any thoughts on why this is not working to get the sources?

Scott
--

I am actually in exactly the same boat as you. People over at #fedora
seemed reluctant to help, not sure why. I just gave up on using yum

--
To be updated...