Re: question about creation of updated DVD iso

Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
I have read instructions at
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/gene_czarcinski/update_distro/
I have basically one question: how to update the vmlinuz and
initrd.img files to put under isolinux directory of CD/DVD, so that
the installation kernel is the 2111 one and not the default 2054?
Do I have to compile the kernel source rpm with any specific target?
I remember in rh el 3 I was able to use a specific config file for the
installation kernel...
but it seems it is not here in Fedora.
Is it the i586 one? And what about the initrd.img file generation?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Bye,
Gianluca

The instructions you have referenced will not work on Fedora Core 5, Anaconda has changed. The Fedora Unity Project (http://fedoraunity.org/) will be releasing updated "respun" ISOs with in the next week, the i386 has completed testing, once the x86_64 is tested they will be announcing on the announce list.

Robert 'Bob' Jensen
Fedora Documentation Project
Fedora Release Notes Editor-In-Chief
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BobJensen