Re: [NEW IDEA] Automatic removal of dependencies

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 22:37 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> That assumes that the end user knows what a package is and what it does.
> Say I had no clue that mathml-fonts were needed to properly view the
> blog of my Physics professor. I might not even know what mathml is. It
> just works because something else pulled them in as a dependency.

Grasping at straws, eh? If firefox supports mathml and needs
mathml-fonts to display properly, then perhaps firefox should be
depending on mathml-fonts. Or at least putting up some kind of message
like "This page cannot be displayed properly, you need mathml-fonts".