This is a development discussion list.

While i recognize that many subscribers may feel that their tangential concerns and ideas are worthy of discussion on such a list i was under the impression that this was a "just the facts" type of list that concerned itself with the current actual development of the distribution. I dont blame them for posting their issues here though because they have no other official outlet for discussion.

This extra noise, though well intentioned, is making it difficult for me (and i imagine many others) to justify the time necessary to weed out the "philosophical type" posts. And while i frown on the creation of yet another fedora list, perhaps the creation of a "sounder" style list would allow the discussion on the list to revert to a more focused state? I do think that the philosophical discussions are beneficial to the evolution of fedora as a distribution i just dont think that it relates to the actual development concerns any more then desktop or docs do (i.e. they have lists).

Maybe im the only one with these issues but i have been considering unsubscribing from the list as a result of shear number of the OT discussions and wanted to know if others felt the same. So, any votes for a "fedora-socrates" list :)?
--
Michael Favia          michael.favia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Insites Incorporated  http://michael.insitesinc.com