Re: Move Evolution to Extras?

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 10:52 -0400, Robert Locke wrote:
> What is an alternative that includes not only email and contacts, but
> also calendaring and task lists for a Gnome oriented environment?

I use Evolution to integrate my home and work email and calendaring in a
nice seamless interface. Without an Exchange-compatible MUA, I might as
well go back to using mutt, because the only way I'll be able to see my
work email or calendar is through the webmail interface.

You can do all the handwringing you want about "proprietary software",
but this is a real-world integration need for me as a desktop user who
actually works for a living, and I have an open-source solution that
works for me today. What software would you suggest I switch to that
continues to meet this need?

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm@xxxxxxxxx>
http://esm.logic.net/