Re: [ANNOUNCE]: IA64 ISOs based on Fedora Core 5

David Woodhouse wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 22:25 -0400, Paul Nasrat wrote:

I assume for the weekly snapshots of rawhide that you'll be putting
unique (eg date based) names on the isos so they can be readily
identified, else you're going to run into trouble tracking issues
across media sets.

To be honest, I'm not convinced that weekly ISO builds are particularly
useful -- we don't do that for rawhide on other architectures either.
It's probably better just to encourage people to use rsync to keep up
with rawhide, rather than downloading it all over again each week.

Unfortunately, it seems I have users who are unwilling to use yum, etc., in the short term. They would prefer weekly snapshots.

Do these isos correspond with FC5 or a random snapshot?

Rawhide for about a week leading up to March 20th was identical to FC5
in all but the 'fedora-release' package.

Yep -- I replaced fedora-release with the FC5 version in the images. I didn't mention it because I didn't think it was that important :).

Aside from the updates, the next task is building Extras and Livna for
IA64, of course...

Whaddya think I'm working on? :)

P.