Re: Fedora's way forward

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 21:49 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
I think that the way to tackle this is to create a system where Fedora can download codecs for users and will ask users if its ok to download the nescesarry coded, show the license first, etc. This way we could include realmedia support too, I'm sure real will be willing to offer their codec for download in a suitable format.

Contributory infringement.  You lose.

I was talking about fluendo, so this tool would help users to download legitimate plugins, I also suggested that maybe we could convince real to make real codecs available for such a semi automated install, so there is no infringement here. Please read my post again, and next time read before shooting a default answer from the hip.

Regards,

Hans