Re: Fedora's way forward

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric S Raymond <esr@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Eric> But the art problem pales compared to the issue that everyone has been
Eric> ducking, which is Fedora's support for DVDs and proprietary audio and
Eric> video and web-streaming formats and Java applets.

We're hard at work solving the applet problem.

Things are looking good on the library (GNU Classpath) front this
year, we've got gcjwebplugin, and we're working on the security
infrastructure in libgcj.  The latter in particular is a pretty big
job, but important -- I wouldn't consider shipping gcjwebplugin
without it.

Tom