Re: PHP-5 seems to be screwed on FC-5

Em 24/03/2006, às 19:24, Stephen J. Smoogen escreveu:

On 3/24/06, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto <casimiro.barreto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Yesterday I updated one of my servers to FC-5. The primary effect sensed
was that PHP-5 seems to be broken. Oh... yeah... it works up to a
certain point but, after that, it miserably fails.

For instance, I have a ridiculous program that count hits. It stopped
working. Not only a single f_ck_g error message or warning in the
logs... I have an schedule program that works with MySQL and now it is
simply unable to deal with ISO-8859-1 encoding... Oh... by the way...
also refuses to work properly in UTF-8 (not that suported by MySQL
itself) and other oddities... But as ALL UNIVERSE speaks English, why to
bother with those who don't...

Dear Casmiro, please provide more information for this problem. I
realize you are tired and cranky because your system is broken.. but
some help please. Deep breath and try again.

1) What is the hardware of the affected system?
      CPU
      Motherboard
      Memory
      SATA disk drive controller
      Software raid/hardware raid
      USB controller
      Sound controller
      Network controller

Motherboard ASUS P4800-MX SE
CPU Pentium-4@xxxxxx
Memory: 960MBytes
Chipset: Sis661FX + Sis964
VGA:: SiS Real256E integrated
Audio: Realtek ALC655 6 Channel Audio Codec
Network: internal chipset + realtek chip
All the rest (USB, SATA, etc) controlled by SiS chipset

2) What are the settings of the system
     LANG
pt_BR:UTF-8

Oh, yeah !!! MySQL does not like it that much... that' s make me goin from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1 lots of times...

     Swap space
2GBytes

3) Some changes seem to reorder the count order on some disk drives
controllers (but not all). I don't know the full info on this.. but it
seems to cause RAID-1 to not boot on some system because the sdb drive
gets grub and sda does not.

Yeah... and some synchronization also... sometimes a "Degraded Array Event" is reported, but later it seems to be all right. BTW, Degraded Array Events are not related to "sudden death" of the system, for only /var/media and /var/www are on the /dev/md0
4) What PHP modules do you have loaded on the system?

All provided in Fedora repositories and some other from as asked by application. Latter I send you a complete listing...

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator