Re: suspend/hibernate on desktops

Hi

Just my 2 cent here: No. The real fix it to get the work done upstream
and fix remaining parts in our main kernel (if we have to).
Yes of course but allowing kernels helps get wider testing. Same as Fedora-netdev http://people.redhat.com/linville/kernels/fedora-netdev/ or regular updates to FC4 updates-testing repository planned out by Dave Jones.

Putting a kernel in extras is a bad idea in general IMHO. We then
probably would have to build kernel modules for them, too. And other
people probably would start submitting other Kernels (with the realtime
patches for example). This would probably end soon in a great
unsupportable mess with a small benefit. "Upstream" really is the best
solution.
I agree in general but if the community wants to maintain such kernels why should we stop them?. The Extras repository has no guidelines against allowing parallel installations of packages. If kernel's are a exception they should be written policy with good rationale. I am not talking about suspend2 specifically.

--
Rahul