Re: In search of a PyGtk and Glade tutorial

Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey guys,

I want to attempt my first GUI program. I would like to use PyGtk and Glade. RIgth now I am having serious issues understanding the basics of layout with Gtk (the last time I did a GUI app was in Delphi) I am just not gettign the widgets to go into any type of proportion. When I use the box widgets for layout, they seem to immediately take up all the space.

So I am looking for recommendation on a Glade tutorial. I have done sone googling, but most of the results i see aren't to actual tutorials.

Please advise. I would like to begin contributting but need to develop these skills.

Thank you.
--
As a boy I jumped through Windows, as a man I play with Penguins. --
Hi Arthur,

I think the best way ! to learn programming for creating packages for Fedora is, read the code of the existing applications. You can select smaller packages like system-config-languages, system-config-mouse to read/understand the behaviour of coding. That's what i did before creating my first package.

However, i have some useful links for Python & GTK, which may help you.

http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2reference/index.html
http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/gtk/index.html
http://www.pygtk.org/pygtktutorial/index.html

Regards,
Ankit Patel

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!