Re: glibc-2.3.90-26 and older kernels

David Hollis wrote:

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 12:13 -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

How you can possibly arrive at the conclusion that Red Hat is "slave to
the almighty dollar" I cannot fathom.  This is an optimization which
reduces the penalties people using the Fedora as it is have to pay.  In
addition it reduces the burden to support bugs in code on old systems,
thereby improving the quality for the modern code.

In case you missed it, I was being quite sarcastic.  I have no problem
at all with removing that kind of old cruft.  glibc aside, I don't think
you can easily run a 2.4 based kernel on a FC4/5 system anyway.  I can
just imagine all of the flame wars that people will want to start due to
this rather innocuous change.  Seems to happen all the time.
Sarcasm can easily be mistaken here with no tones and all those different cultures. Unless you work on a relatively tight knit group or just taking a jab at a buddy of yours I would avoid that or add emoticons.
---

Rahul