Re: Patterned slow-down over the entire GNOME desktop

Several questions which you have the power to answer:
Does similiar behavior occur when you revert back to the provided nv driver?
if yes....
Yes.
While using the nv driver, does similar behavior occure when you run
the latest rawhide kernel.
if yes....
Yes.
While using the nv driver with the latest rawhide kernel, do you see
this behavior  after putting selinux in permissive mode?
I always selinux run in permissive mode.
I have for example a rawhide system using a
dual Athlon 1800MP GeForce FX 5200  and 512MB ram and the nv driver
with selinux off and I do not notice what you describe occuring on my
gnome desktop.  There are certaintly funtastic issues with gnome at
the moment (like the multiple gnome-terminal problem) on my system,
Which problem is that? I have one where switching to consoles 1-6,8,9 makes the screen go pink with a garbled rectangle in one corner, instead of showing the login prompt - it's really fun, especially when X freezes on console 7. (and yes, this was with the nv driver).

-jef"looking forward to the day when nvidia releases beta drivers...
because what could be more fun than running bleeding untested daily
nvidia driver builds on bleeding untested daily rawhide builds..except
maybe a triple root canal operation during a novacaine
shortage"spaleta
Ivan"looking forward to when arjan/jeff stop blaming nvidia for every problem on the fedora desktop, and hell freezes over" G.

P.S. The nv driver makes my LCD say: Out Of Range, and then hover strangely, and suspend itself after 30 sec. - makes me rather worried about my monitor, so I'm back to a stable nvidia driver that works (most of the time :) Wasn't kudzu in charge of updating frequency things in xorg.conf when I switch monitors? It doesn't seem to be doing its job - I had to manually disable 1600x1200 resolution for any picture to come up in the first place.