Status of docbook to pdf toolchain on Fedora?

Can someone tell me the status of, or point me to documentation on
the docbook xml to pdf toolchain on Fedora?

I gather from a 2004 thread in fedora-docs-list that the toolchain was moving to fop,
but I don't see any fop yet in core or extras.

If you try to install fop separately it requires Jimi or JAI packages from Sun
and Sun's installer scripts no longer work on Fedora because somebody broke
"tail +n". Probably fixable, but what is the right direction for me to pursue?

I tried db2pdf but it seems to expect sgml, rather than xml?

John