Re: boot faster

Florian La Roche wrote:

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 09:28:12PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 16:16 -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
"Removed Selinux and auditing system calls feature"

although I'm sceptical that was responsible for a 7 second speedup.
Given the current extremely broken default of actually _enabling_
auditing on a rawhide install, 7 seconds wouldn't shock me so much.

We really shouldn't be running auditd and enabling syscall auditing on a
default install. In fact, I think auditd itself ought to be in Extras if
it's in Fedora at all.

audit is currently listed within the core packages in comps.xml. Removing
it from there should also be possible. Or disabling the startup by default.

I still think audit belongs into core.
Maybe but it still needs to be disabled by default if its going to continue having a significant impact on boot up time and general performance. I dont think audit is something Fedora users are interested in general. If we need to iron out wrinkles we can enable it only during the test/development releases.

regards
Rahul