yum plugin suggestion or yum change?

Hi,

although I find yum to be an excellent tool, there is one important thing that I think needs attention.

When updating multiple packages, yum will bail out on dependency error with a singloe package.

For the development repo i guess this is *just* annoying, but in a real-life prod style environment, it could mean that security updates are not applied by the nightly scheduled yum update. Giving crackers better time to target the systems.

I realize that fixing something like this needs some policies to be negotiated, since often the dependency problems can be solved in multiple ways and we need to figure out how to handle such cases. But wouldn't it be a good idea to try to make yum figure out what packages to exclude in order to update as much as possible?

/Thomas