Re: Simple content management systems.

Patrick Barnes wrote:
I second Seth's recommendation.  You can contribute documents to the
general public anywhere in the wiki.  Documents you want under your own
namespace can be placed under
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MikeAHarris.  If you really want something
on your own site, MoinMoin really is good. It is written in Python. It's easy to set up. It is very robust and flexible. If you run into
problems, you'll find others in this community who can assist you.  I
also use MoinMoin for my personal site at http://www.n-man.com/.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

What I am looking for, is something that is simple XHTML/CSS, not wiki
based, which I can personally run on my own website. Something simple is prefered with as few external dependencies as possible.

I'd like something that is completely self contained, does not use
a database, and does not require root priveledges to install and
set up.

I have a number of things I'd like to put together with some framework,
of which some Fedora pages are a part of.  I will have some scripts
which run locally on my own machine, some which will run on Red Hat
internal machines via cron or something, which will push various data
to a common area.

I'd then like to take that data, massage it with perl scripts to spit
out some data that can be used as compliant XHTML content.

I'm looking for complete automation, and prefer to stay away from any
solutions that would be considered overkill, or require root perms to
set up, or custom webserver configuration.  I've looked at a number
of CMS systems so far, and they mostly seem overkill to me, or require
more work to set up than I prefer.

I'm leaning towards doing the templating myself with raw perl.  The
HTML::Template looks possibly useful, but still exploring ideas...

Thanks again.