Re: X11-forwarding over SSH didn't work!

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

Frankly speaking I think that's a good idea to make this symlink, until
all issues, concerned with modular Xorg, will be resolved.

problem is.. if compat symlinks are made.. the issues will never get
reported and thus not resolved....

Understand your concerns, but still think that this symlink is necesary.

Please note, that *all* openssh-clients at the whole Planet use hardcoded path to xauth, and only Fedora Core switches to the modular X. Can we enforce all of 'em to use new, patched ssh-client? Even theoretically?

And one more: of course end-users never found this bug (and some others, no doubts), if we allow such workaround, so what? That's a good news for average Joe, that he will never discovers such issue using its good old software.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.