Re: FC5 and new init system

Hi

Which, of course, brings up the question of what the details actually are.
When we say, "replace SysVinit", is everyone actually talking about replacing
init, or do we think we're talking about replacing initscripts (which is an
entirely different beast altogether).

I would vote for leaving init alone, but doing a more dependency-based startup
procedure, kind of like *ahem* gentoo.

The earlier discussion that happened in this list listed out the details. Check the archives. Also this page
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FCNewInit

regards
Rahul