Re: Broken metalink for EPEL10

On Wed, Sep 25, 2024 at 11:01 AM Stephen Smoogen <ssmoogen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Sept 2024 at 11:53, Carl George <carl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 24, 2024 at 6:25 AM Zdeněk Žamberský <zzambers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> To reiterate from the existing issue, EPEL 10 hasn't launched yet.
>> It's open for packagers to add their packages, but it should not be
>> consumed yet (i.e. requesting it from mirrormanager).  We're aware of
>> the "os" directory in the path problem and plan to fix it soon.
>>

> The problem I see is that if you are trying to put something in the pre-released EPEL-10 then `fedpkg mockbuild` and other items won't work without extra editing.
>

>> --
>> Carl George
>>

> --
> Stephen Smoogen, Red Hat Automotive
> Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. -- Ian MacClaren

`fedpkg build` and `fedpkg scratch-build` already work.  `fedpkg
mockbuild` doesn't work out of the box for EPEL 8 or 9 either, you
have to create a symlink from what fedpkg is looking for to the actual
config, e.g.

~/.config/mock/epel-9-x86_64.cfg -> /etc/mock/rhel+epel-9-x86_64.cfg

mock-core-configs already has centos-stream+epel-10-$arch.cfg files,
which are using a koji build tag and intentionally haven't switched to
mirrormanager metalinks yet.  Packagers can use the same symlink
approach to start using it with fedpkg if they want to.

~/.config/mock/epel-10-x86_64.cfg -> /etc/mock/centos-stream+epel-10-x86_64.cfg

Once the mirrormanager metalinks are fixed, they'll be added to
mock-core-configs, and we'll also ship epel-10-$arch.cfg symlinks
because there is only one valid base for the leading epel10 branch.
In the future maintainers will likely need to manually create symlinks
for minor version branches (e.g. epel-10.0-$arch.cfg), just like they
do now for EPEL 8 and 9.  This is being planned out in this upstream
issue:

https://github.com/rpm-software-management/mock/issues/1427

--
Carl George